Veterans will be able to use free taxi services until the end of 2022
At the initiative of the organizing committee "OUR VICTORY", the Ministry of Digital Development of Russia, together with the authorities of the Russian regions and taxi carriers, launched a program of free trips for veterans of the Great Patriotic War. It will be valid until the end of 2022.
You can use a taxi regardless of the purpose of the trip. Accompanying relatives will be able to travel with the veteran. The trips of each veteran will be subsidized for a total amount of up to 3 thousand rubles per person.
Apply for the service will be able to:
- invalids of the Great Patriotic War;
- participants of the Great Patriotic War;
- servicemen of the last military conscription during the Great Patriotic War;
- persons who worked on air defense during the Great Patriotic War.
The procedure for ordering a taxi will be as follows:
1. The telephone number of the veteran or his official representative must be known to the branch of the pension fund of Russia in the region where the veteran is registered.
2. Veteran number without disclosure of personal data will be transferred to regional social security authorities for use as an identifier to confirm the Veteran tariff.
3. The veteran himself, his representative or relative can order a taxi at any convenient time by calling the social security worker attached to the veteran. If the veteran does not know the social worker's number, he will still be able to use the service: social workers will contact him as soon as possible and help with travel arrangements.
4. The social security worker in a special personal account, access to which will be provided to him by the Ministry of Digital Development of Russia, will create a corresponding application, where he will indicate the route of the taxi, after which a confirmation message will be sent to the mobile phone of the veteran or his official representative with the time of filing and the license plate of the car.
On May 6, the service appeared in the Moscow region and 42 cities in other regions of Russia. By June 10, it will appear in all cities where taxi carriers work and where veterans live. The service will be available to more than 26,000 veterans.
The list of cities on the website of the Ministry of Digital Development will be updated as a new service appears in them.